Search the forum,

Discuss May As Well Fess Up To A **** Up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

yahoo2u2

I will do a search for the answers to save messing about, but I better fess up and tell you what I have done.

I am no tiler....no honestly....I am not....I can fix your computer no probs....but will have a go at anything.

My wife went away for a week so I booked a holiday and as a surprise decided to tile the hall and kitchen.

Went to B&Q
Got the tiles with advice and grout and adhesives

Now after laying the tiles are not sticking (some) and moving and the grout has started to come out.

I know know I should have used special flexi adhesive and flexi grout...

Too bloody late.

I am back in work on Monday and they are home on Tuesday, so I suppose ear ache and those little chats that only a wife can do so well.

I suppose I will have to raise them all clean and refix with the correct bloody stuff.

Oh well live and earn, and never too old to learn I suppose.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't ask for advice from B&Q staff about tiling. Should have come on here first and asked questions!!

Y

yahoo2u2

I know I know, but I have only just found this place or I would have.....but its done now. :(

Y

yahoo2u2

But I gather I need flexi grout and flexi adhesives to fit them correctly....so I am a bit stuffed now.

T

Tile Shop

There might be some more prep needed before going on directly with the flexi adhesive so best to double check.

where have the tiles lifted? over the concrete or over the old stone tiles? (If you could tell us what the old stone tiles are that may help)
how long has the concrete been down?
Was any form of primer used for any of it?
what preparation did you do to the old stoner tiles? (cleaning, roughing up etc)

Y

yahoo2u2

Ok better ask.

Can I do it a few tiles at a time or do I need to take the lot up in one go.
If I do the hall first all in one go like this.
Clean the old adhesive and grout out (some are fixed well, but hey...
Then reset
Then do the grouting, if all OK move into the kitchen?
What would be the best adhesive/grout for a concrete floor in hall (its a black substance
What would be the best adhesive/grout for a concrete floor in kitchen as its old tiles and they seem to be concreted in....

thanks for any help...I am at my wits end now awaiting the advice and the wife with her killer comments :)

Y

yahoo2u2

OK thanks for the reply.
where have the tiles lifted? over the concrete or over the old stone tiles? (If you could tell us what the old stone tiles are that may help) Both
how long has the concrete been down? Flippin ek, probably since built, but it has black stuff on it where the old tiles had been. I did pva it though and it was clean.
what preparation did you do to the old stoner tiles? (cleaning, roughing up etc)
The tiles were already rough ish as they are very old so 40 years I suspect.

I would pay now for someone to sort it now I think, its about 3m x 10m all in all, how much do you think this would be?

Sorry if these are dumb, questions, but they are not dumb to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So many things wrong I don't know where to start ...lol
Pva ..shouldn't have used that.
Black stuff.....could be old bitumen, which needs prepping correctly.

Where abouts are you......someone on here might be local.
(Please don't say Gloucester )...lol

Reply to May As Well Fess Up To A **** Up in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen