Search the forum,

Discuss Marmox boards onto a concrete slab? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hello

As a continuation from a previous thread, Im thinking of laying marmox boards onto concrete sub floor. The concrete is quite rough and as the house is 1910ish.

Would this concrete need to be sbr cement slurry before laying the addy for the boards? Would the addy be enough to secure a bond or would they need to be mechanically fixed aswell?

thanks

J

John the tile

They dont have to read that... That was relating to doing a new sand and cement screed. Ive now changed my mind and im moving towards marmox boards but I didnt really want to continue that thread with a q about marmox boards. I suppose theres one photo in that thread of the concrete floor im reffering to which Im going to post here if it helps people answer my questions above..... P1060064.jpg

So should this concrete be sbr primed prior to laying marmox boards??

thanks

J

John the tile

ok thanks. I think I may lay some slc down let dry then marmox,.,, Is that what your implying?

Would it not be ok to use a deep notched trowel and possibly apply to the back of the boards aswell for 100% coverage?

W

White Room

By the look of the photo of the sub floor you will be using a large amount of addy and a lot of frustration trying to get the floor flat with the boards...the floor would need an sbr thinned down to stabalize the dusty surface as well before anything is leveled.

Reply to Marmox boards onto a concrete slab? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen