Currently reading:
Marble effect tiles.

Discuss Marble effect tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
2014-10-02 14.47.33.jpg 2014-10-02 14.47.47.jpg

Have I made a boo boo here? I put all the veins facing the same direction in these marble effect porcelain tiles. Should I have gone random? Doing it my way meant that the customer had to order more tiles (because I was following the pattern).

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I like it the way they you've done it, that's the way I'd fit a tile like that. Did the tiles have a direction arrow on the rear?

Yes Bri, an arrow they indeed had. Has anyone ever got round to discovering the meaning of that arrow on the back of some tiles?

W

White Room

I always check for any grain on all tiles even plain white ones lol and make sure I fix them all the same way, after being made to take nearly a full bathroom off when I was an apprentice, trying to make some extra cash doing a job after work, he was a n engineer and I can still see his face now the b.....d, the old pilks 6×6 chicken or the lamb

That must have been soul destroying:oops:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Ahh, my second pic! Are you talking about the cuts being uneven going into the corners?

When I tile, I tile symmetrically. However, on this occasion it is the builder who set out.

The builder wanted it done his way. So when you walk into a room you see as may full tiles as possible. I will take a couple more pics later this week as I have to go back to the house to replace a few tiles in another room because they were smashed out due to a leak.

Also, everything is set out from the niche.

Reply to Marble effect tiles. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement