Search the forum,

Discuss mapei ultracolor plus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bathroomboy

Iv'e bought some Mapei ultracolour for a wetroom, I usually use Dunlop or bal and just add water whilst mixing by hand to my desired consistency, I am taking it for granted that this method is also ok with the Mapei or is the method different for this type of grout?

G

grumpygrouter

If it is Ultracolor Plus then you need to follow the instructions on the bag carefully. It is a fast setting grout whcih gives excellent results if used correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bathroomboy

I meant add grout to water in my earlier reply, read the instructions for the Mapei grout and it says to mix the whole box to a certain measurment of water with a mechanical mixer, glad this post came up, because I would have overlooked this, will be grouting towards next weekend.

B

bathroomboy

Grouted with the mapei today, found I had to put a little more water than the reccomended 1 litre in the instructions as it was totaly unworkable at that consistency, only about 100ml though, good product, easier to work with than bal flexible which I find goes everywhere but where you want it on the wall. Lol

Reaction score
used ultracolour plus down at westfeild and had a few early problems with it but as the other guys have said

mix with whisk
leave to stand remix after 3 min
work small area at a time
beware of other factors that alter setting time ie tile type, heat,etc..
clean cold water with spongne/ washboy to wash off
change water often and clean out water bucket and spongne

L

Leatherface

Have had the same problem mate
I have previously always used mapei grout ( still trust their adhesive )
LAST YEAR : used beige on a customers bathroom, followed mixing instructions to letter ( was very experienced with the make ) : colour a lot darker than sample.

So spent four days with a fein taking out all grout at my own cost ( because customer was not happy with it ) RE - grouted in PCI Bahama Beige ( customer choice )

Have had many similar problems with all Mapei colours except for white

Steer clear

B

bathroomboy

Oh Leatherface what a bummer, I have only done one regrout with a fein, ended up like a flour grader, refuse point blank to do any regrouting, horrible messy job.

L

Leatherface

Oh Leatherface what a bummer, I have only done one regrout with a fein, ended up like a flour grader, refuse point blank to do any regrouting, horrible messy job.

this re-grout was at my cost, because grout did not match colour sample
Customer was really being a pain, but because colour was not same I removed old and re-grouted.
I lost a lot of money on job and only just broke even.
have switched to granfix grout now. Still use mapei adhesives

I followed water and mixing instructions to the letter

Reply to mapei ultracolor plus in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen