Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei Primer G in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davphi338

I've tried to scrape off as much lino backing as possible but some of its just doesn't want to budge. I've used an industrial hot air gun and and even tried boiling hot water onto it to try and soften the adhesive but its still difficult to budge. Its as if there is waterproof paper stuck to the floor. Its obviously the final layer on the lino backing. If boiling water doesn't shift it then I'm starting to think that it should be OK to tiles over once primed.

D

DHTiling

You need to remove it.......

Try one of these attachments for a grinder..

Cupped Diamond Wheel

Fits standard type 115 mm angle grinders (100 mm x 22.2mm bore.)

Ideal for grinding away bumps in uneven concrete floors and keying old tiles or terrazzo before tiling

click picture to enlarge

weight 275g

Price: £18.88 £21.71 Including VAT at 15%

Wire Brush for Angle Grinder

A very aggressive wire brush for use in an angle grinder - You will be amazed how fast this works!

Use to remove all kinds of unwanted paint, adhesive, rust and other surface contaminants etc

Very good for 'keying' smooth surfaces.

- Hardend & twisted 0.5 mm steel strands
- 75 mm Diameter
- Standard M14 thread (fits all standard angle grinders)
- Max speed 12,500 Rpm

We recommend you wear suitable eye protection overalls and gloves while using this tool

Price: £4.49 £5.16 Including VAT at 15%

Both available from trade tiler.

Then you can prime and tile...some comps say don't mix primers but then an acrylic primer is a primer...

Reply to Mapei Primer G in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.