Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei Primer G on top of SBR (prior to Mapegum tanking) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

If I have already primed all of the plastered walls with SBR (Everbuild from Tradetiler), is it advisable to apply Mapei Primer G on top of this prior to Mapegum, or do I just tank straight on top of the SBR?????

Thanks - Geoff

D

DHTiling

If it says use primer G, then why haven't you used it..?....the sbr should be fine but worth checking with mapei to see if the mapegum will adhere to it.

Q

Qwerty

If it says use primer G, then why haven't you used it..?....the sbr should be fine but worth checking with mapei to see if the mapegum will adhere to it.

I havent done it yet, hence why I have posted the question. Just wasnt sure if the Mapegum had to be on top of Primer G or if it would work with SBR. Will ask Mapei

L

lalit

If I have already primed all of the plastered walls with SBR (Everbuild from Tradetiler), is it advisable to apply Mapei Primer G on top of this prior to Mapegum, or do I just tank straight on top of the SBR?????

Thanks - Geoff

Hi Geoff, I am in the similar situation, What did you do in the end?

Thanks
Lalit

Q

Qwerty

Wow! This post is 4 yrs old now! (Posted when I was a wee novice).

Yes, you will be fine with SBR from memory, but do use primer G if you can which is what I did in the end. Give Mapei tech support a call to double check if anything has changed though!

I only posted the question back then as I had a fetish for the smell of SBR over primer G !!!

M

Mark S

Hi,
Mapegum is designed to stick directly to most surfaces, due to its thixotropic vicosity, I would double check with the Mapei tech team re using Primer G first.

Q

Qwerty

I would never tank straight onto fresh plaster without priming first. Recipe for disaster otherwise!!!!!

Reply to Mapei Primer G on top of SBR (prior to Mapegum tanking) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen