Search the forum,

Discuss Loose UFH wire with self level compound on top in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I am going to fit Warmup UFH (loose wire) on top of warmup insulation board, with travetine floor tiles on top.

I was wondering if it the "done thing" to use a self level compound on top of the cable before tiling on top?

Q

Qwerty

I would yes.....mapei fibre plan is excellent for ufh...:thumbsup:

Thanks Dave. I was paranoid about damaging the wire!

Is it easy to do, and will it add much to the height? What size adhesive trowel do you recommend when it comes to fitting the insulation boards and tiles?

D

DHTiling

The slc will only need to cover the wires...you have a lot less chance of damaging thw wires then as you would with out it...

Travertine floor tiles...what substrate do you have...?..

B

bighen

Hi Blocko

I always use SLC - PCI 2 part

If you or the customer damage a tile - its easier to remove it without damaging the cable underneath:thumbsup:

B

bighen

Just whisk the SLC pour over the wires and float with a plastering trowel, leave 24hrs and your ready to go.

W

White Room

You should have taped your wires down, just make sure there are no loose wires with any chance of the slc pushing any up. Probably only need about 5mm slc, make sure you just cover the wires which give a good surface to tile

D

DHTiling

Home-lux..?...thats only a crack isolater and not an uncoupling membrane...

personally i would use ditra or durabase ci...these will stop any lateral stress on the travertine..

Reply to Loose UFH wire with self level compound on top in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen