Search the forum,

Discuss loose tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bundybarb

We recently had our bath area tiled with large format tiles 30cm x 90cm. We noticed the grout cracking and discovered two of the lower tiles
adjoining the bath are hollow sounding which I guess means that they are not attached to the wall anymore.
we would like some advice about injecting epoxy resin behind the tiles as opposed to removing any tiles in the first instance to solve the
problem? Any advice would be welcome. Barb

W

White Room

If your looking for a quick fix it is'nt there, do you know how the tile were fixed, what was used and what is the substrate which the tiles were fixed onto...

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
oh,a large heavy tile that

what was the substrate and do you have kids that use the bathroom>?

you do not want one of those bad boys falling off the wall

do the sensible thing here ..call your tiler and get them removed and sorted
squirting things up the back of them will not work

T

Time's Ran Out

I'd follow the previous advice and get the tiler back who fitted the tiling.
You may be fortunate and find that by removing the bottom 2 tiles you will see that there has been excess movement from the silicone around the bath and it has pulled the tiles away from the wall. Not that that would instil any confidence in the rest of the tiling but a large bath, full of water and body weight, and on a wooden floor - will move!
Good luck.

U

Unregistered

Hi, Thanks for recent advice. We have been trying to contact the tiler for weeks now and he was not answering his phone so we left messages and a letter to his home explaining the situation with a view to contacting trading standards. Last week he responded returning the tiling fee
and a covering letter saying he could not help anymore and was not willing to discuss the situation. We are perplexed??
Will a new tiler be happy to repair another tilers bad workmanship? We live in Bucksinghamshire - anyone out there near us with any advice?
Thanks Barb

B

Bundybarb

I'd follow the previous advice and get the tiler back who fitted the tiling.
You may be fortunate and find that by removing the bottom 2 tiles you will see that there has been excess movement from the silicone around the bath and it has pulled the tiles away from the wall. Not that that would instil any confidence in the rest of the tiling but a large bath, full of water and body weight, and on a wooden floor - will move!
Good luck.
We have tried endlessly to contact the tiler to come back and have a look at the problem but to no avail. Eventually after dropping a letter off at his parents house we received a letter back saying he would not be able to do anymore for us - no explanation given and a cheque
returning the tiling fee? we are now left wondering who to contact to come and look at the problem - will a tiler want to take on some other
tilers bad workmanship? the tiles were laid on newly plastered walls which had been left to dry out for several weeks before we instructed the tiler to do the job The tiler tiled and grouted in one day which I was dubious about but he
said he was using quick set adhesive which he mixed himself. Its taking ages to get tour bathroom finished, we have a shower screen to fix on but do not want to do that till we have the tiling sorted!

J

jay

You could advertise the job on here or if in doubt pm Dave he may be able to suggest a tiler in your area

Reply to loose tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen