Search the forum,

Discuss Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

Another tool in a tilers tool kit is not going to make us all extinct, years of experience does not get replaced by a piece of plastic! If Joe Public buys them then good the more in demand , the more manufactured, the more the price comes down! If they disappeared tomorrow no big deal!
the tiles are evolving almost every year.
Sincerely after more than 30 years,
Only the basic rules remain.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
try them, is now
I would mate..... however I rearly fit anything above 600x600....... although plank tiles are popular now and the next job I get 800 or longer I will give them a go....

although I can't see the point of using them on every job for every tile ........ or do you use them for every floor you do ?

I

Italy

I would mate..... however I rearly fit anything above 600x600....... although plank tiles are popular now and the next job I get 800 or longer I will give them a go....

although I can't see the point of using them on every job for every tile ........ or do you use them for every floor you do ?
I use them on rectified tiles
Over 30x60.
normal tiles, depends on the tile and the subfloor.
but usually from 50x50 up, or planks from 20x80 up.
Not rectified.
ps. Here 80% of the substrates are sand and cement.
Self-leveling is hardly used, because usually, it is faster to use grinders
And lower the highest points. Otherwise the doors will no longer open.

T

Time's Ran Out

Can you not cut the doors down or is that not in a tiling apprentices job description?

I

Italy

John, you're asking too much for my English. :)
I try to explain, there are no doors when I start a job.
The entrance door of the house, has a stone slab,
And the tiles must respect that plan.
The inner doors, the ones that flow into the wall, have little room
in order to raise leveling the substrate.
Depends on how the counter-frame was fixed.
And then, just ask questions, I'm an apprentice
And I have to ask questions.
Ps. I will take photos at the first opportunity.

F

Flintstone

I have used clips only twice, once on 80x
80 rectified and once on 60x60 rectified and I will use them everytime for rectified tiles of that size and beyond. I've not had to use any bent planks thankfully but I would use them if I had a job with Bent planks! Some people do go ott and use them on all tiles

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Antonio..... in this country if you tile a floor and the doors don't fit , you get one of them 'multi trades people' to cut the bottom off the door...;)

L

LJD

Clients pay for everything I list in my materials list ..Nothing is for free .But if I forget, then its down to me

Reply to Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen