Search the forum,

Discuss linaseed oil?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Hi all.
Apologies for asking more on the sealing subject.
Had decided to use lithofin slate seal but the more i read up on lithofin products wondering if perhaps i'm wrong in doing so.
I haven't mentioned earlier in the thread that it is for an ensuite area with a shower cubicle.The slate was put down one year ago by an all in one plumber/tiler/elecrtician and never sealed(also grout lines between 3-10mm and the cuts!!).The slate is smooth,honed, doesn't seem very porous and i take it has been polished.
I spoke to lithofin and they suggested not to use slate seal as over time the sealant will go white coming in contact with water.
They have suggested lithofin wexa to clean the year long grime off,then 4 days later colour intensifier,then next day stain stop,grout then stain stop
The customer has realised it's been a very poor job and has asked if i can simply improve and finish.
Any thoughts should i go through the correct time consuming process or will slate seal intensify and seal?
On the positive side i've learned plenty on slate and gained experience on wether its worth taking on others bad workmanship.
Thanks for any thoughts
Kev

Reply to linaseed oil?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.