Search the forum,

Discuss linaseed oil?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Hi all.
Would appreciate your thoughts.
I've been asked to try and improve a honed slate floor that was done by another tiler.I've to rake out the grout,seal then re-grout.i was planning to use Lithofin slate seal but the customer was told from where he got the slate from(quarry in lakes) to use linoseed oil.Is there any reasons not to use linoseed oil?
Also what sort of shine does Lithofin slate seal give?the customer is not wanting a high gloss and finally from experience whats best way to apply-roller,brush or lint free cloth?
Cheers for any help
Kev

S

Spud

linseed oil is a bit old hat these days and after a while the oil oxidises and darkens on the surface of the tile , there are so many good sealers on the market these days, every tiler has ones they like to use, you will not go far wrong with lithofin , fila , aqua mix and ltp iron wax is quite good on slate , i dont particularly like Hg products find them hit and miss although golv polish isnt a bad product
hope this helps

Reply to linaseed oil?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.