Search the forum,

Discuss Limestone stains in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Can these stains be removed or is buggered!
Looks like it hasn't been sealed after the plumber fitted the vanity unit top and has been stained. Don't know what has stained it,wether it was something the plumber laid on it or something the lady of the house has placed on it?

Attachments

• Newbiggin2 019.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Newbiggin2 020.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 63
C

Concrete guy

That's crema marfil by the looks of it.

You'll need a poultice on there to draw out whatever has soaked in.

D

Dougs Third Go

yep, fullers earth would be my first try. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ltp-online.co.uk/ltp-fullers-earth_7.html

O

On one

Not having used Fullers Earth.........Could I end up increasing the size of the stain?

C

Concrete guy

Any more info ATS?

The fullers Earth product mentioned above is a "poultice". It's a dry compound that naturally draws whatever is in the stone, out of it. Hopefully.

If you do manage to clean it up, use some stain stop or similar impregnating sealer. Leave a bottle with the customer and advise them to treat it annually after a good clean.

I

IHB

Cheapest place to buy fullers earth is probably your local pet store - it's used for cat litter. I have a big bag I bought for very little from Pets at home.

Reply to Limestone stains in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen