Search the forum,

Discuss Limestone 900 x 600 slabs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
On the outdoor pool i'am working on they have asked me to price the pool surround and a long set of concrete steps, the concrete surround is a lot lower than the pool edge so needs to come up by about 5cm what would you guys do with fixing this job, i was thinking of screeding -up with screed then fixing with stone adhesive then sealing and pointing/grouting , there are several ways to go ! what would you do if different ? you may have a better idea than me ?.
:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Yes.. thinset and bed into fresh modified semi dry screed.. one bond at same time.. but with additives for frost...

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Did a 900x600x20mm Limestone floor not long ago.

Got through plenty of lavvy roll lifting them heavy bleeders. :yikes:

E

Eduardo

Screed and fix at the same time.. wetfix them..

900x600x20 is not too big and too slim for this method? I personally would not risk,It's easy to sound hollow after fixing.Screed and then fix with strong adhesive for me.

Reaction score
900x600x20 is not too big and too slim for this method? I personally would not risk,It's easy to sound hollow after fixing.Screed and then fix with strong adhesive for me.
yes i think i will stick with screeding then Adhesive bed after ,as i'am from a plastering background , the slabs are about 25-30mm thick and look a bit fragile to me ........thanks for your advice guys.......

D

DHTiling

All down to technique.

Same size and thickness paving gets laid day in day out all the time.

Hollowness is only a poor fixers excuse

Reply to Limestone 900 x 600 slabs in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen