Search the forum,

Discuss Level On Top Of Water Proof in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello, just got to a wet room job and the tray Is fitted and water proofed but the floor is way out at the entrance of the room. 17mm out. They're having 60x60 rec porc. My issue is whether I can Chuck some self leveller on to of the waterproof to build the floor up. But this would make the falls in to the tray even steeper as it has to meet flush with the drain. The builder says the customer is a pretentious nightmare lol

IMG_20160707_104420.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Who installed the former? This should have been addressed at time of installation not now when ready to tile.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So the builder knows there picky and still didn't bother to check the floor for level in a wetroom what a twit I'm my experience if the first job for a builder is a scre up they all will be lol I've bin there and got the T shirt lol

J

Joseph Kover

common problem.they dont give a s... about the tiler.call him back and fix it. if there is floor heating in the outer area,you can gain back 6-7 mm.i had this problem before,now i build the tray myself.

S

Stef

You could self level it round to the edge of the tray & try & feather it just onto the tray & then tank the floor again with Mapei Aquadefence.

J

Joseph Kover

You could self level it round to the edge of the tray & try & feather it just onto the tray & then tank the floor again with Mapei Aquadefence.

Just wondering
I prefer ardex waterproofing system, I used the mapei before. Have you tried? I found Ardex stronger.

S

Stef

Just wondering
I prefer ardex waterproofing system, I used the mapei before. Have you tried? I found Ardex stronger.
Ardex is good but I just find Aquadefence a lot easier to use.
Unless I'm worried about weight issues then I stick to the Mapei..

Reply to Level On Top Of Water Proof in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen