Currently reading:
Lets talk Tools & kit

Search the forum,

Discuss Lets talk Tools & kit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Now that's what I call marketing! I am impressed Andy - anyone with such originality must get loads of business from people seeing the van. Only thing missing on the signwriting is "Est. 1898" :lol:

:lol::lol:

Got a Re-map of the van coming up.. just bought a cheap B&Q mixer.. got to try the cheap stuff!

GOT to go get a TX700n plus... got to!

B

bugs183

What is the advantage of using Raimondi Iperbet then Gary ?, whats wrong with a whisk ?

If you're doing big floors DP, or even tanking your pools it's amazing.
I pour in the measured amount of water (takes a coupla mixes to get just right), wang in the adhesive, wander off and tile, tea break etc, come back and it's mixed perfectly.
It's different as the motor is underneath and it spins the bucket,so it's really stable and doesn't through adhesive about.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

If you're doing big floors DP, or even tanking your pools it's amazing.
I pour in the measured amount of water (takes a coupla mixes to get just right), wang in the adhesive, wander off and tile, tea break etc, come back and it's mixed perfectly.
It's different as the motor is underneath and it spins the bucket,so it's really stable and doesn't through adhesive about.
i see it's a mixer you can leave to mix onit's own, and not make a mess ! well it sounds better than most labourers then ,:thumbsup: i bet it will be expensive .....though

S

Spud

What is the advantage of using Raimondi Iperbet then Gary ?, whats wrong with a whisk ?
the ipertina is a floor buffing/polishing machine as is the kleever cp 400 i have a large stone job in the pipe line with around 600m2 of marble flooring where the customer wants seamless jointing so i am looking into buying the equipment for this job, the belle concrete mixer is for a large patio tiling job which is 135m2 sand and cement tiling i amd being asked to do loads of balcony roof terraces and monolithic fixing so the mixer will come in very handy

B

bugs183

i see it's a mixer you can leave to mix onit's own, and not make a mess ! well it sounds better than most labourers then ,:thumbsup: i bet it will be expensive .....though

They are usually about £800ish, yep quite a lot of dosh. I phoned up Trimline and they were cutting stock so i payed about £350 i think, i had tons of floors on at the time so it paid for itself in no time. Mixes two 20kg bags in on go.

C

charlie1

I'm considering a sigma 3cm or 3ck to replace my ts60plus and also considering the pull handle rather than the push. If anyone has recently gone over to the sigma side could you let me know if they are easy to get used to. 

the way I see it is, if your going to get a sigma then get the tried and tested handle (pull) rather than the 3M or 3E. The traditional hull handle is designed for speed and that's really one of the beneficial advantages of the cutter. I do have the push handle on my 3EM, this is better for textured tiles. Switching from rubi, it will take you a few days to really get used to using the sigma.

D

Dan s

Wahooo bought a sigma 2g for splash backs etc Last week and after a day I was used to pulling to scribe now it does feels like second nature to do and having the measuring bar near you is superb :thumbsup: I actually love this little cutter! whish I'd bought a bigger one instead of a monti a few months back! gonna sell that one, only did 50sq but I should've listend to Dave about it crushing tiles and get me a bigger sigma :hurray:

Reply to Lets talk Tools & kit in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement