Search the forum,

Discuss Length of time between applying primer and fixing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I would let them know you are intending to film them working.

to motivate them to do a proper job this time or from a legal perspective should I wish to use any recordings in court?

given they fitted the cameras they'd have to be pretty stupid to do or say anything incriminating knowing there'll be footage

Reaction score
Why don't you ask them for T the proper tiler to redo you work then that would settle everything hopefully won't it

that would certainly be the ideal solution, obviously the contractor wants to save money by doing it themselves. I'm not sure I'm in a position to demand that they get T to do it without them adding on costs.

Reaction score
Yes you are its you who's paying for the work to be done,if They say no tell them you don't want them back and employ t the tiler youself

if I hire the tiler, and the overall cost ends up being x% more than what the contractor has charged does the contractor have to pay for the difference or do I?

D

Dumbo

if I hire the tiler, and the overall cost ends up being x% more than what the contractor has charged does the contractor have to pay for the difference or do I?
We are not solicitors or citizens advice . Any action like that should only take place after consulting with a legal professional . What some people may advise you to do will not necessarily stand up in court and as @Localtiler said I think you may be legally obliged to tell them you are filming them and again I would take advice before doing that .

Reaction score
At the day's end only you can decide on your next course of action,you can either ask the contactor that you would prefer t the tiler to do the work if he says no he say no but you can also let the contractor know that you want the standard if workmanship that t the tiler has done for you upstairs no matter what it costs be at the end of the day you have a contract with the architect the contractor and yourself correct

Reaction score
We are not solicitors or citizens advice . Any action like that should only take place after consulting with a legal professional . What some people may advise you to do will not necessarily stand up in court and as @Localtiler said I think you may be legally obliged to tell them you are filming them and again I would take advice before doing that .

absolutely agree on those points.

It's just a shame that I might need to resort to bringing in solicitors just to get my bleeding tiles done correctly!

the reason why I would prefer to have the contractors fix the tiles is that it's simply the easiest option so long as they do it properly. This 6 month renovation project has now overrun by 6 months and I just want it finished before I start tearing my hair out

Reaction score
With your reply you've asked your own question ,but as you mentioned you will be recording it do like it's been said previously by 2 other members it would be adversable you inform them if your course if action

Reaction score
At the day's end only you can decide on your next course of action,you can either ask the contactor that you would prefer t the tiler to do the work if he says no he say no but you can also let the contractor know that you want the standard if workmanship that t the tiler has done for you upstairs no matter what it costs be at the end of the day you have a contract with the architect the contractor and yourself correct

with the contractors booked to come in next mon/tue to redo the tiiles in the hallway, I'll give them the chance to fix those correctly. If there's any hint of them cutting corners or doing a rubbish job in general I will request they get the professional tiler in.

I have separate contracts with the architect and the contractor. Given the project is almost done apart from these tiles and a few finishing aspects, the architect is more or less out of the picture now

Reply to Length of time between applying primer and fixing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen