Search the forum,

Discuss Layout advice for "brick" layout tiles in walk in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Claude

-
Reaction score
Hello!

I am about to lay a walk in shower with 120cm X 20 cm tiles.
In general the room will be a "brick" type layout.
The walk in shower is closed on 3 sides and borderless on the front.
The drain is a hole type drain which is off center, which means I will have to generally cut the 'v shape' to follow the contour of the shower floor.
The shower is 110X120 cm which means a single tile will fit the entire length - but will have to be cut to follow the contours.

My question is: should I follow the brick pattern like the rest of the room - introducing a new grout line, or simply tile this part with the minimum grouting necessary?

Here are the two examples:

1591355714372.png

thanks in advance for any insight!

regards,
Claude

Reply to Layout advice for "brick" layout tiles in walk in shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen