Search the forum,

Discuss Laying onto Amtico tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

City Tiler

I have a job coming up laying ceramics ontop a kitchen floor, the floor has already been plyed out and had Amtico plastic tiles are securly bonded to it, the ply is already 12mm, and the floor is stable. The amtico has a checkered finish on them to which i think the cement will key.

What do you guys think, should I go directly onto the tiles, remove the tiles or overlay with ply.

Any help you can offer would be grateful

Thanks

G

GazTech

I have a job coming up laying ceramics ontop a kitchen floor, the floor has already been plyed out and had Amtico plastic tiles are securly bonded to it, the ply is already 12mm, and the floor is stable. The amtico has a checkered finish on them to which i think the cement will key.

What do you guys think, should I go directly onto the tiles, remove the tiles or overlay with ply.

Any help you can offer would be grateful

Thanks
Remove all the wax from tthe amtico with teir own remover, score the tiles, then use flexi adhesive and flexi grout....Gaz

P

Pawelzik

A.m. advices are okay, but this is my idea : Put a self adhesive decoupling matting (e.g. PANTHER IQ 200 made by OXIEGEN, 1,6 mm thick only) on the plastic tiles. You can start tiling direct after laying the decoupling matting, depending on the tile use an adhesive C2TE or C2TE S1. Grey grouting in a kitchen should be prefered. Cheers, Martin

R

rob hutchinson

Beware that the guys who fitted the Amtico may not have fixed the plywood base sufficiently........If it has been then the Amtico can be degreased with a basic stripper/cleaner & then over tiled using quality flexible adhesive & flexible grout. If in doubt then lift the Amtico! :thumbsup:

C

City Tiler

Cheers
guts for your speedy replies, the ply has beed screwed down, and the amtico has never had polish applied, I'm gonna give them a good scoring the lay the suckers.

Thanks

Reply to Laying onto Amtico tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen