Search the forum,

Discuss large format porcelain & mosaic fix? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

waveydavey

Hi,

I have some large porcelain tiles (600x400x11mm). I was planning to use Bal singlepart flex to fix them to wall however someone has advised me to use mosaicfix instead as it has better hold and the tiles are heavy.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Dave

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As Bri as said, the substrate would be my first question. Skim, plasterboard, render, backerboard? etc. weight issues will apply with that size of tile:thumbsup:oh and:welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

I know those tiles will be pushing the weight limits on finish plaster..

Hi and welcome..

W

waveydavey

yeah I was worried about the weight - the tiles are 23kg sq m. I had heard that going up tp 20% over the 20 kg limit which would allow 24kg? Is there anything else I can do to strengthen the wall?

Reply to large format porcelain & mosaic fix? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen