Search the forum,

Discuss kitchen floor and full bathroom. any help appreciated. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

kitchen floor is 11.25m2 and will be going onto a new screed on existing concrete floor. 400mm2 ceramic tiles, straight pattern.
think i will need 3 bags ady. mapei chocolate grout wanted.
bathroom floor is 5.25m2 and will be either plyed or backer boarded out. at customers choice. do i charge half day rate for prep?
same size ceramic tiles on floor as kitchen.
walls 18m2 ceramic 400x200mm straight pattern, second fix after tiling completed(toilet,sink,bath)
mapei products to be used(they loved the silcone and grout chart i got off the rep on the forum(suzie i think) vanilla grout and matching silicone for all corners and bath.
i have an idea of what price I should go in at but would be nice to hear what you guys would charge.
sorry all in and labour only would be nice if you could help.
obvs thanks will be given.:thumbsup:

J

jwatson

here is the estimate i will send via email tomorrow. any additions that would make the overall look more professional would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

Dear Mrs ..........,
I have composed a competitive and accurate estimate which I have itemised on the table bellow.
Bathroom.
To complete the bathroom installation, I will need 20m2 of wall tiles and 6m2 of floor tiles.
15mm Ply to be fixed to existing bathroom floor, to conform with British standards.
Kitchen tiles to be fixed using cement based adhesive, Rapid set adhesive on floor and standard set adhesive on walls. finished with a 2mm spaced vanilla grout. .
All substrate meetings siliconed to conform with British standards. (colour matched vanilla)
Kitchen
To complete the kitchen installation I will need 16m2 of floor tiles.
Kitchen tiles to be fixed with rapid set adhesive onto new screed . Finished with a 2mm spaced chocolate grout.
All materials must be paid for by the client before job commences. Labour costs to be paid no later than 7 days after job completion, via bank transfer or cash.

Quantity
Item
Units
Description
Taxable
Unit Price
Total
14.25m2

Labour kitchen floor (14.25m2)
£213.75

£15 m2
£213.75
23.017m2

Labour bathroom (23.017m2)
£345.26
£15m2
£345.26

Standard set white adhesive (cement based)

£17.98
£71.92
1.2X 2.4m

15mm wbp ply. (bathroom floor)

£34.98

£69.96

Rapid set flexable.

£17.98
£89.90

Grout kitchen floor (anti-mould. Chocolate).

£19.99
£19.99

screws

£4.35
£8.70

2.5L
Acrylic primer.

£12.99
£12.99

Silicone (anti mould vanilla)

£12
£24

Grout bathroom (anti-mould. vanilla).

£19.99
£39.98

Total
£882.45

Tax @ 20%
£111.81

Subtotal
£882.45

S

steve187

Are you showing 'taxable' as VAT, if so, I fail to see why the materials are not 'taxable'.
you don't seem to have mentioned labour for the ply and second fix, and i think the per metre price is a little low. The kitchen floor should be a 3mm joint.

edit , in your first post you say the kitchen floor is 11.25m and then in the second post its 14.25m, total and sub total are the same

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jwatson

cheers steve. the meterage rate is about as competative as i can be in Blackpool , much more and i will run the risk of not getting the job. The difference in meterage on kitchen floor was a miss of a measurement on the plan I drew on the home visit.

should i charge say half day rate for installation of ply?
My tax was based on past jobs, i have done on a cis basis, and just wanted to show that I would be paying tax on the earnings.
can i add vat on top of materials that include vat? not really sure how the tax works.
second fix to be done by plumber.
is 3mm on floor a bs minimum? customer specified a 2mm joint all round for uniformed spacing and i thought 2mm was minimum? if its 3 then i will have to rectify the estimate and include 3mm joints all round.

Are you showing 'taxable' as VAT, if so, I fail to see why the materials are not 'taxable'.
you don't seem to have mentioned labour for the ply and second fix, and i think the per metre price is a little low. The kitchen floor should be a 3mm joint.

edit , in your first post you say the kitchen floor is 11.25m and then in the second post its 14.25m, total and sub total are the same

T

Time's Ran Out

Terms : Materials £***.** due delivered to site.
Labour £***.** due on day of completion.

J

JLM Tiling

*below not bellow and flexible not flexable. Sorry but spelling bugs me and I'm sure it bugs other people as well!! :)

S

steve187

I agree with timeless john for the payment, and you can only charge VAT if registered.

My suggestions are take out the taxable column as it confuses a little, mention the size of tiles and the tile pattern to be used, so everyone is clear, also the make of the materials so they can see you are using quality materials.

M

Mike Mike

are you vat registered?

At those rates there aren't enough hours in the day for him to work to earn enough to need to be VAT registered.

JWATSON, your prices are absurd. You will end up, if you are lucky, running round like a blue arsed fly, working your little Superman socks off, for about 70 quid a day, before fuel and expenses.

17 year old, unskilled labourers on a building site can expect to earn more than that, and they don't have the expenses of running a business and a van to contend with.

Unless you honestly believe you can tile and grout that kitchen floor in a single (8 hour) day, and tile, grout and silicone that bathroom in 16 hours (2 days) then your prices are a net loss to you, to the profession of tiling, and to society as a whole.

Blackpool or not, a fair day's pay, for a fair day's work. Otherwise you'll end up living like Polish and Bulgarian immigrants, with 10 people living in a 1 bed flat, with beds in every available inch of floor space.

Reply to kitchen floor and full bathroom. any help appreciated. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen