Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Keraquick grey cheaper than white in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DaveyH

Hi,

I'm going to fully tile our bathroom walls using 20cm x 50cm ceramic tiles that are 7mm thick. There's 20 square meters of wall in total.

I intend using Mapei Keraquick tile adhesive.

The walls are gypsum plaster. So before tiling I will be priming the walls with Mapei Primer-g.

Now for my silly question.

While googling around for prices, I've discovered that the grey coloured Keraquick is always a few quid cheaper than white coloured Keraquick.

Why is this? Apart from the colour, what is the difference? After tiling I will be grouting with white grout. So if I was to use the cheaper grey adhesive, would it show though the white grout or something?

Thanks

C

charlie1

Use white, the price difference is minimal. Or even better, use mapei p9 and save yourself some money and give yourself some more working time

D

DaveyH

Use white, the price difference is minimal. Or even better, use mapei p9 and save yourself some money and give yourself some more working time
Thanks for replying and thanks for the tip on using mapei p9.

Why do you suggest using white adhesive, is it because grey could possibly show through the white grout?

I just can't get my head around why they Mapei bother to make grey and white tile adhesive, because at the end of the day, it's all hidden behind the tiles and the grout. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Tiler

Thanks for replying and thanks for the tip on using mapei p9.

Why do you suggest to use white adhesive, is it because the grey could possibly show through the white grout?

I just can't get my head around why they Mapei bother to make grey and white tile adhesive, because at the end of the day, it's all hidden behind the tiles and the grout. :confused:

that's the reason mate it could show through the joint and your grout could be patchy, grey is for darker tiles/ joints... also be sure you are using the recommended mixture of primer/water.

also when spreading your adhesive you want to use the flat side of the trowel to get a good 'key' with the substrate and make sure the wall is as flat as possible before tiling.

Reply to Keraquick grey cheaper than white in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks