Search the forum,

Discuss Keraquick + 600x600 Porcelain + Andhydrite Screed - UFH DISASTER! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevin.pritchard

Nooooo, don't mix anything with it. Just the adhesive and water. Read the PDF and instructions before you start.

Sorry, I've just read the link and Adhyfix is an adhesive, not primer. D'oh! I'm with you now :)

Any primer in particular? Tilemaster Adhesives do a Primeplus and Flexmaster Primer.

K

kevin.pritchard

Prime plus is the one I use, mixed 3 parts water to 1 part primer.

Brill. So this is the P.O.A...

1. Take up tiles
2. Sand, scrape and vacuum.
3. Prime floor with Prime Plus
4. Anhyfix with 10mm notched trowel and 1mm back butter
5. Leave for a month and slowly introduce heat.
6. Rock solid forever.

Hopefully!

K

kevin.pritchard

Hmm.. Just read this:

"Anhyfix will be 100% compatible with anhydrite / calcium sulphate and can be applied directly without having to prime."

K

kevin.pritchard

Saw your thread on this forum Bri about Anhyfix. I see its quite elasticated. Thats really good to hear :)

This definitely seems like the adhesive for the job. 40 m2 to lay so I'll get 9 bags.

Thank you for showing me this product. I just wish I'd know about it sooner. This Keraquick can go in the bin!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Hmm.. Just read this:

"Anhyfix will be 100% compatible with anhydrite / calcium sulphate and can be applied directly without having to prime."

Leafcutter by any chance ?? I would take info from TileMaster websites and data sheets.

N&C Gypfix specify no need to prime unless surface is too absorbent....which it most probably will be .

K

kevin.pritchard

What sort of m2 coverage can I expect from a 20kg bag of Anhyfix with a 8-10mm notched trowel and 1mm back butter? PDF states "20kg will cover approximately 5 – 6 metre2 at 3mm bed application".

Reply to Keraquick + 600x600 Porcelain + Andhydrite Screed - UFH DISASTER! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen