Discuss Keeping Things Clean with Dried in Powdered Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Weebisto

Hi all, I am relatively new to tiling professionally but thoroughly enjoying it so forgive me if this seems like a strange request for help. What I am finding when using powdered adhesive is that even when I only mix a small amount at a time because of its limited bucket life I am going through buckets like nobody's business as the remnants are going hard at the bottom and around the sides. The same is happening with my trowel. I know buckets aren't exactly expensive but trowels are and every penny is a prisoner - I can't help but think that I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions from you experienced guys would be appreciated. Ta

W

WetSaw

Have a bucket of clean water and a sponge handy to clean your tools every now and then. Unless you're using fast set you shouldn't be having trouble washing your buckets out if you're only mixing small amounts.

S

Spare Tool

Use a standard/slow set adhesive, only need to give buckets and trowels a clean once at lunchtime and once at the end of the day. Exactly same spec as an S1 rapidspf it just sets slower ;)

W

Weebisto

Have a bucket of clean water and a sponge handy to clean your tools every now and then. Unless you're using fast set you shouldn't be having trouble washing your buckets out if you're only mixing small amounts.
Good tip - thanks a lot

W

Weebisto

Use a standard/slow set adhesive, only need to give buckets and trowels a clean once at lunchtime and once at the end of the day. Exactly same spec as an S1 rapidspf it just sets slower ;)
Thanks a lot for that - it has been quick setting adhesive I have been using so will switch products

R

Rookery

Unless I specifically need to get onto a floor I'm doing quickly, in which case I'd use a rapid set, I would always use a standard set adhesive and it would be Mapei Adesilex P9. It sticks ceramic, porcelain and stone, a good grab and a pot life of just about all day. It's a good product at a good price so little wastage.

T

Time's Ran Out

What you have to think about with slow set - in the winter it will take longer to set than in summer, and you have to watch for shrinkage when it dries ( those lips weren’t there when you tiled it)!

F

Flintstone

Give your self a break Andy! If it doesn’t need to be walked on quickly, why use rapid ?

Reply to Keeping Things Clean with Dried in Powdered Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks