Currently reading:
Johnsons/Norcross adhesives

Search the forum,

Discuss Johnsons/Norcross adhesives in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Personally I've used the Porc/stonefix white and the flexi wide joint grout limestone.

I rate both but don't use it as I don't have a local supplier , also my main contractor supplies other brands.

I don't rate the bucket stuff though , it was supplied on a site I worked on a couple of years ago , cant remember the name of it. However , the rep who I know , says the formula has recently been changed.

All that said , it hasn't stopped me buying shares in the Co. for my pension pot.

Diggy :)

T

TJ Smiler

How much polyma does it carry ?? do they guarantee with UFH, ditra and anhydrate for porc's ?? as its quite usual now this combination, or ditra & anhydrate.... most don't

Have not looked at the polyma count but it does say on the bag that it's suitable for UFH (not sure about the guarantee) it does say that it can be used on anhydrate after the usual required preperation steps.

Don't mention ditra.

T

TJ Smiler

Ok so i thought i would give you an update, i used it last week on a bathroom. I won't be using it again as I found it went off to quick and was very grainy. It seemed to dry up very fast on the wall and When mixed it was more like a cheap grout full of air rather than an adhesive, the stick on it didn't seem to great either. I always trowel the wall first but i wanted to see how well it sticks/grabs so i buttered the back of one and gently pushed it onto the wall, i took it off straight away and there was nothing what-so-ever on the wall so didn't give me much confidence in it. When troweling up it flicked off all over the place too. And although it said it was white it was actually more of a beige.

Will be sticking to Weber and a couple of others that i use i think.

Thanks for your feedback chaps

Toby

Reply to Johnsons/Norcross adhesives in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement