Search the forum,

Discuss job on caber flooring,with wet system ufh underneath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

No just single part, the adhesive is basicly to take up any voids created when screwing down etc...or within the substrate..

merit

TF
Reaction score
had this issue a week ago , a floor that had been put down a year ago by a nother tiler had popped,its in a wet room
with restrictions on height to the mosaics in the shower former,porcelain tiles up to it need to come up and be relayed but i
dont know whats under there, i suspected they had been blobbed , i now know they were installed on caber, phoned bal tech and they said go ahead with bal fast flex, in normal circumstances i would hardi but trying to match existing, whats the solution ?

B

Bubblecraft

I don't disagree about the fact of re-sheeting. As I said, I always re-sheet where possible but if there is a height restriction, 22mm P5 with 400 centres is sufficient enough to be load baring for any tile & is suitable for UFH. I agree, it's not ideal & I avoid where possible, more so in a wet room where I would only re-sheet & tank. My debate was more the fact people saying you cannot tile on Caberfloor when you can, excluding surrounding circumstances of course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
imo you should not tile directly on to caber boards it clearly states in bs 5385 part 3 that they should be over laid as to give the rigidity for a tiled surface.
i am also of the understanding that the resins in theses boards dont allow the addy to bond . causing tiles to debond eventually

Reply to job on caber flooring,with wet system ufh underneath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen