Discuss It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

Waluigi

Ha!

F9120D58-0368-48B5-A9EF-662A66F4B5FF.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Festool for me.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They are initially, but their customer service is 1st class.
I bought the dust extractor, 18v drill, jigsaw, and 10.8v drill over a year period and one day whilst loading tiles into a house they went missing, called the police, got a crime number, emailed it to Festool and they replaced them all within 2 days!
Won’t buy anything else now.

I used to be a big Dewalt fan but the quality of their tools dropped big time, bought a top spec 18v combi that barely lasted 2 years!
Had the replacement Festool for 4 years and not a single problem.

W

Waluigi

Yeah I’ve used Festool in the past and think they are brilliant products. My tools take an absolute hammering as I do a lot of building work and don’t particularly look after them so can’t justify spending the money on anything other than the ‘lesser’ brands which serve their purpose well enough for me. 3 year warranty on all the gear. Only had to send one tool back in that time. That’s in 16 years.

I have some other bits too- Metabo, Hilti etc. Also very good. Festool were doing the clip on angled/eccentric chucks years ago, it’s only recently that the other brands have followed suit. True innovators. Like most German products. Market leaders.

Reaction score
They are initially, but their customer service is 1st class.
I bought the dust extractor, 18v drill, jigsaw, and 10.8v drill over a year period and one day whilst loading tiles into a house they went missing, called the police, got a crime number, emailed it to Festool and they replaced them all within 2 days!
Won’t buy anything else now.

I used to be a big Dewalt fan but the quality of their tools dropped big time, bought a top spec 18v combi that barely lasted 2 years!
Had the replacement Festool for 4 years and not a single problem.

The Festool jigsaw is terrible, I sold mine after a few months. I’m getting to get the Hilti cordless jigsaw in a couple of weeks time.
I have the 18v drill which is very good but the forward/reverse switch is to loose. It slips from one to the other a lot with the slightest touch. I had it repaired but it’s doing the same again.
There sds is good, kapex is good but the plunge saw is underpowered so I got shot of that too.

John

W

Waluigi

I’ve never understood Hilti’s approach to selling in the UK. Shame really as I think they are excellent tools. A friend of mine rents his from them or whatever the system is.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve never understood Hilti’s approach to selling in the UK. Shame really as I think they are excellent tools. A friend of mine rents his from them or whatever the system is.

Yeah, some carpenters I used once did the same.

Reaction score

It’s simple enough, order online from one of there stores or walk in one of there stores and buy over the counter.

John..

W

Waluigi

Maybe it’s changed since I last looked which I admit was a little while ago. I just went to have another quick look and the website is down. Sod’s law :tearsofjoy:

Reply to It’s New tools tuesdays in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks