Search the forum,

Discuss Is this true? - hairline crack in one of the newly placed floor tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

nipsjm

-
Reaction score
They have now been back and agreed that the flooring needs to be replaced. Tiles are on order and they will book a slot to carry out the repair work.
Thanks for all the replies as I think it began to make a difference when I was able to more clearly (and firmly!) articulate the issue from a more informed perspective - a great forum!

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
:)
They have now been back and agreed that the flooring needs to be replaced. Tiles are on order and they will book a slot to carry out the repair work.
Thanks for all the replies as I think it began to make a difference when I was able to more clearly (and firmly!) articulate the issue from a more informed perspective - a great forum!
It's good they offering to rectify work !!

Reaction score
:)

Plywood on joists , then ditra
Different opinions here!
We're having a loft conversion and I'll be tiling the bathroom. Builders said to use back board, so after doing some research on here I'm thinking following:
1) SBR plywood
2) Lay 6mm hardieboard using (flexi) tile adhesive
3) Screw down using 25mm screws
3) Tape joints.
4) Lay tiles using same (flexi) tile adhesive

Is this ok? Or should I go with ditra instead of hardiebacker? or does it matter either way!!

(bathroom is only 4sqm)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You could glue and screw 6mm hardie or ditra stuck with Ardex AF200. If it’s solid I’d go for ditra, if not I’d use hardie.
Welcome to the forum @parkerfresh don't think I've seen you about before. :)

Thanks for replying. If you see any other threads you can chip in on, even old ones, then please do so. It helps people who find the thread even a year later etc. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m a new poster and probably should have introduced myself… I used to lurk about on here a few years ago but gave up as I could only access the diy section.

Reply to Is this true? - hairline crack in one of the newly placed floor tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen