Search the forum,

Discuss Is this an acceptable job? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

I just had my hall and wc re-tiled and I'd like advice on whether the tiling is acceptable. There are holes in places and blobs all about the place and it generally looks sloppy to me, but I don't know if I'm being overly picky.
IMG_2056 copy.jpg
IMG_2075 copy.jpg
IMG_2059 copy.jpg
IMG_2061 copy.jpg
IMG_2066 copy.jpg
IMG_2067 copy.jpg
IMG_2068 copy.jpg
IMG_2069 copy.jpg
IMG_2070 copy.jpg
IMG_2073 copy.jpg
IMG_2074 copy.jpg

Reaction score
I haven't paid thankfully. I'm just so upset because I think it's all going to have to be re-done. My brother in law called in this morning - he's a carpenter - and he highlighted a whole load of other issues. The tiles on the windowsill haven't even been centred. I'm so upset :(

Reaction score
And here is a photo of where the grout lines are much wider between this tile. It's very noticeable when you come in the front door.

Attachments

• Y3vH9ZuHQdul6+%nYR1mRA.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 51

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Not pretty.

Did they claim to be a professional tiler or was it a cheap job from friend of a friend type thing?

Reply to Is this an acceptable job? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen