Search the forum,

Discuss is there a real solution to chipping tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter A

I have purchased Porcelanosa Shine Dark 1000 x 333 wall tiles and installed them very successfully ....up till this point....but due to the fact I had no corners to frame. Now, due to window and boxing forming a recess i do have corners to frame plus cuts longer than 500 so i am in a dilema! I can snap them very cleanly but as soon as they set eyes upon my tile cutter they chip. I purchased a new Erbaurer 750w; 180 x 22.2 disc and with the standard blade, not pushing too hard and letting the disc do the work, etc, etc, they still suffer the same problem.

So after reading many many of the posts on here and the advice that is given I am about to purchase a quality disc to see if that resolves the issue. From what I can see it boils down to a few so the question is, which one .....from Montolit is it CPS, CPF or go the whole hog with the DNA, Rubi CPC 180 or a Marcrist blade??

I am not a tradesman but have been in the building trade all my working career so will do most things successfully with the right tools after watching, learning and having the confidence......apart from plastering that is!! :)

Now I am stumped, help!!

Am I being too picky or is there a solution??

P

Perry

this should sort it
http://www.tilersforums.com/members/pjc-albums-pete-picture16846-corner-cut.html
pjc-albums-pete-picture16846-corner-cut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to is there a real solution to chipping tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.