Search the forum,

Discuss Is anti-crack matting necessary? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
My first bathroom didn't have Ditra Mat. When we had to redo due to cracks in the floor our 2nd attempt did.

It could of failed for many a reason, what tiles, what substrate, how were they fit,who fit them, what addy, was ufh commissioned before install, was floor dry ect ect ect
Ditra is not the magic carpet of the tiling world

J

Jayney71

Thanks, all, for your advice.

It's a liquid screed and another tiler has said there's no need to use matting with that. There seems to be some disagreement on here about whether it's necessary with porcelain tiles... I understand the "why not just use it anyway, just in case" argument but what's the point of spending more money if it's not needed?
I think we'll go with the tiler who said we don't need it. He's via trhe builder we've got on the job now rather than someone random so we have faith in him... hopefully it'll work out :)

Thanks again, everyone :)

Reply to Is anti-crack matting necessary? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen