Search the forum,

Discuss Installing mirror into tile recess/flush with tiles. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to install custom made 6mm thick mirror (1.7m x 1m) into a tile recess. The mirror is about 25kg. The tiles are protruding out about 1.5cm - 2cm.

Thinking to glue with pinkgrip and then plug & screw 6mm tile backer boards to add thickness to the wall before gluing the mirror with mirror glue.

I am also planning to finish the top and bottom of the mirror with an H-Joint aluminium tile trim (see a bottom section example on the attached photo). The bottom tile trim will be glued to the tiles/wall before inserting and gluing the mirror with mirror glue and the insert and glue the top tile trim afterwards. Alternatively I can glue the mirror first and the insert and potentially glue the trims?

My question are:

1) Is it ok to go with the 6mm tile backer board in order to make the mirror flush with the trims and tiles
2) What installation order should I take: bottom trim - mirror and top trim or rather install mirror first on support and wait for it to cure and then insert and glue the trims?
3) Should I be gluing the tile trims to the wall/tiles as well? If so can I use pinkgrip as well or maybe I can use mirror glue or sth else to glue them down?

Many thanks,
Andrew

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 22.30.29.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 22.30.29 (1).jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-01-14 at 22.30.29 (2).jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Installing mirror into tile recess/flush with tiles. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen