Discuss I'm not sure if this tiling is acceptable in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Wb123

-
Reaction score
Hello. Hope I'm in the right place. I have enployed a bathroom designer / fitter to do my bathroom. I'm not happy with the tiling. I am extremely happy witg every other aspect of the job.

I was hoping to get a professional opinion on the tiling, so I can decide if I should as the fitter to re do this area.

Any advice appreciated.

IMG_20200621_081230.jpg

IMG_20200621_081142.jpg

IMG_20200621_081131.jpg

Reaction score
Hello. Hope I'm in the right place. I have enployed a bathroom designer / fitter to do my bathroom. I'm not happy with the tiling. I am extremely happy witg every other aspect of the job.

I was hoping to get a professional opinion on the tiling, so I can decide if I should as the fitter to re do this area.

Any advice appreciated.

View attachment 112768

View attachment 112769

View attachment 112770
It looks quite poor from those pictures :( That grout may well have stained your window frame permanently :(

Reaction score
Terrible. To be quite frank that design, to me as a DIY'er, is quite challenging and really should have been done by a professional tiler. I can tile a bit (better than this guy though) but I think that would send shivers down my spine. It was clearly beyond his skill level and he should have been professional enough to admit it.
I personally wouldn't have started with full tiles into and out of the corners, and I would have mitred them not slathered them in grout. The black grout choice makes it look worse.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
💩🤮🤬🤷🏼‍♂️😡💩😭👎💩😩☹️

Reply to I'm not sure if this tiling is acceptable in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay