Search the forum,

Discuss Husqvarna Ts 230 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

DRK

-
Reaction score
If you have sigma's I don't see the need for parallel fence
I thought the parallel fence might benefit my trainees who are maybe not the best yet at free handing.
I agree though that scribing with a sigma firstly to get a straight line and then following the scribe line with a wet saw is the way to go.
It’s how I personally would do it.
I suppose I’m just looking for ideas I might not have came up with myself as it’s been years since I’ve worked with other tilers so the only tips and tricks I’ve got are my own.
I’d be interested to learn new ones .
Thanks for replying
I appreciate the input...
[automerge]1576144923[/automerge]
I thought the parallel fence might benefit my trainees who are maybe not the best yet at free handing.
I agree though that scribing with a sigma firstly to get a straight line and then following the scribe line with a wet saw is the way to go.
I suppose I’m just looking for ideas I might not have came up with myself as it’s been years since I’ve worked with other tilers so the only tips and tricks I’ve got are my own.
Thanks for replying
I just wanted to add.....
If anyone in the Glasgow area has a husqvarna Ts 230 I’d be interested in having a look or a wee demo if anyone can help out...
I haven’t dismissed it totally yet

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

Thanks for replying
[automerge]1576144923[/automerge]

If anyone in the Glasgow area has a husqvarna Ts 230 I’d be interested in having a look or a wee demo if anyone can help out...
If you're setting up a parallel fence you are doing a straight cut so just do it on the sigma job done

DRK

-
Reaction score
If you're setting up a parallel fence you are doing a straight cut so just do it on the sigma job done
I’d be setting up a parallel fence to keep my wet cuts straight
If I can do a straight cut on a sigma then I don’t use the wetsaw
I do the vast majority of my cuts on the sigma
but when when my trainees are using the wetsaw for cuts that can’t be done on a sigma then I’d also like the cut to be straight hence the parallel fence...

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score

I'm from Glasgow area as is the person who's cutter I have used, I can message him and see if he would be happy for you to see it, he is based in Loch Winnoch area

DRK

-
Reaction score
I'm from Glasgow area as is the person who's cutter I have used, I can message him and see if he would be happy for you to see it, he is based in Loch Winnoch area
Perfect
I’m in Elderslie so only about 15 minutes from Lochwinnoch.I f he can help that would be greatly
Thanks Tony

Reply to Husqvarna Ts 230 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen