Search the forum,

Discuss How to Set Out Around Bath With Shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fiesta14

Hi

Having a go at wall tiling for the first time but need a pointer before I start. Could someone please give me an idea of how to set out tiles around a bath that also has a thermostatic shower at one end. The shower unit has two pipe tails which have to be tiled around. Do I start at the pipes and work from there or start on the long wall and nibble or drill the tiles as needed when I get to the pipes. The ceramic tiles are 200 x 250 x 6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

D

doug boardley

start from the bath and tile upwards, drilling the holes for the pipes. Best to have cuts onto the bath as most baths aren't truly level.

T

Time's Ran Out

Disconnect the shower unit and cap off the pipes.
Check the bath for level and staff out the number of tiles to the ceiling.
If by starting a full tile off the bath it gives you a good cut to the ceiling (i.e over 1/2 tile) go with that and drill the holes for the pipe outlets.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
For the best end result make sure you put a line down the centre each wall to give even cuts at both sides. Either tile with a full tile off this line or put the centre of a tile on the line, whichever leaves you with the biggest cut when you get to the wall

Reply to How to Set Out Around Bath With Shower in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen