Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove tile adhesive and sealant from a wet room floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dafydd

-
Reaction score
We decided to replace the mosaic floor tiles in our wet room (2m x 2m). I've removed the tiles, but having difficulty removing the tile adhesive and waterproof sealant below.
I've broken up some of the adhesive to expose the black sealant below, and I've used white spirit to soften the sealant, which seems to work.
I've tried pouring white spirit on the adhesive in the hope that it will soak through to the sealant and soften it, but that didn't work. That's left me having to use a hammer and chisel to take up both little by little which is taking forever.
Does anyone here have a better suggestion of how this can be done quicker?

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
We decided to replace the mosaic floor tiles in our wet room (2m x 2m). I've removed the tiles, but having difficulty removing the tile adhesive and waterproof sealant below.
I've broken up some of the adhesive to expose the black sealant below, and I've used white spirit to soften the sealant, which seems to work.
I've tried pouring white spirit on the adhesive in the hope that it will soak through to the sealant and soften it, but that didn't work. That's left me having to use a hammer and chisel to take up both little by little which is taking forever.
Does anyone here have a better suggestion of how this can be done quicker?
It isn't an easy job for Pro tilers either as there isn't an easy way unfortunately, patience and time but I've used a wall paper stripper in past jobs and it's helped, give it a go 👍

Rae

-
Reaction score
Hard as you might damage wterproofing ,its made to do once really ,asif fitted properly youll damage it while getting adhesive off ,good luck

Reply to How to remove tile adhesive and sealant from a wet room floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen