Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss how to fill this gap at the end of the bath in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Turbo

pw07.jpg

21mf.jpg

if the gap were bigger I would usually build a wooden stud and tile onto it but this gap is less than 1"

any help much appreciated.

cheers.

M

Mr Tiler

I was just gonna suggest that if it was a re-tile he could fix p.b or whatever his chosen material is and that would leave him to tile from the bath up. but I have asked this question before mate and never got a straight answer so my own solution would be to get a strop of wood that fits snug, fix it 2mm lower than the top of the bath and then silicone. you could also try using some sort of trim, quadrant maybe? instead of an unsightly bead of silicone. that's all I have managed to come up with so far and neither seems a suitable long term fix for the problem especially if there is movement in the bath but it may be worth a try for you.

C

Concrete guy

The only logical solution now that it's tiled is White UPVC trim and white silicone.

M

Mr Tiler

not saying it wont work though you guys know what the council tradesmen are like :sofahide:

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I would have used a thicker board (marmox, wedi etc) on that whole wall and adjusted the door lining accordingly, painted it then bobs your uncle !

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
How about getting a marble 300 x 300 x15mm tile? Or travertine, the same thickness. Cut into 50mm strips, polish the exposed edge and radius the sharp corner.
this could be stuck with rapid set in the gap. Just above the bath lip. Grout the edge that meets the tile and silicone onto the bath.

not the best solution, but would work.

Reply to how to fill this gap at the end of the bath in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks