Search the forum,

Discuss how to cut metal mosaic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

I have been tiling a kitchen in mosaic tiles that are ceramic backed with a metal capping over the top and some are glass sizes are 50mm and 25mm
I tried several different ways to speed the cutting up to get a good finish and tried different blades so this is the best way i found how to do it but it is still teadious!

picture 1 and 2 show the tiles i am working with the front and the back so as you can see that they are capped with a metal top.

now i tried cutting them with my rubi wet cutter and marcrist blade but i found that when trying to remove slithers that they tended to get wedged in the little recess on the machines flat deck by the blade so i tried my other little cutter with a solid diamond blade which was great for this. pic no3.

pic no 4 and 5 show the burr that was left by the cutter, you have to push your tile threw slow and let the blade do the work or else it gets very hot and the s/steel colour goes bluish.

Then i trimmed the burr off with a stanley knife new blade fitted and this removed the worst of it as in pic 6 and 7 removed.

then i rubbed the exposed edges down on a carburunden stone to remove any burr that was left to make it look like a finished edge as in pic 8 and 9

well if you come across these then i hope this helps you out! they are very time consuming and you get sore fingers from them :mad2: but this was the fastes and easiest way that i found to deal with these!!

p.s dont laugh at my little wet cutter this comes in handy for mosaics and 4" kitchen tiles!!!!

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 027.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 018.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 019.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 54
  • 020.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 022.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 021.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 023.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 024.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 57

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
£14 a sheet from Topps. Done exactly the same a while ago.

I wet cut the metal tiles, and then held them on a 45, and took off the burr :thumbsup:

O

Olz

I hope you charged accordingley, looks like much messing has been done to get them looking good :hurray:

S

stevee

ive just finished a job with these,if anyone wants black and white grout together again ,boy are they gonna pay dearly:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 46

Reply to how to cut metal mosaic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen