Search the forum,

Discuss How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

I'm guessing here but think bal not offering this product for green heated screed might be to do with the rate at which vapour will be released from the screed. Vapour management would be the way I'd go considering the ufh.

F

Flintstone

Antifracture mats are not suitable for use as a vapour barrier Andy, needs to be a product similar to Ditra or Dural. They allow moisture to escape via the cavities.

Yeah I know, I don't think there's any need for a moisture barrier unless it's stone going Down

J

J Sid

Andrew, if it was porcelain tiles how do you see the water getting out? Would not a pressure build up?

F

Flintstone

i don't know really, maybe it never does. What are green screed adhesives for ? I've stuck insulation boards on a green screed using ultimate, confirmed ok by tilemaster!

D

Dumbo

Think bal green screed is 48hours. Most s2 adhesive are good for green screed too
Most s2 adhesives that i have used are horrible . But I gave up on them a few years back and do what ever is necessary not to use them . Are they any better now

F

Flintstone

Ultimate is the most user friendly one I've used, It's not actually that bad, I'm same tho I avoid s2 if possible

H

hmtiling

Most s2 adhesives that i have used are horrible . But I gave up on them a few years back and do what ever is necessary not to use them . Are they any better now
The single part s2s are much more user friendly than 2 part ones. Used Weber tm ultra and rocatex and all easy to use

Reaction score
If this was my job and time wasn't an issue I'd put a hydrometer on it to make sure the screed was dry, in my opinion a 75mm s&c screed could take up to 3 months to completely dry, if time is a issue I'd use a DPM before tiling with SPF iv used tile masters DPM in the past for this exact problem. Worked a treat ... Geoff

Reply to How long to wait until tiling onto 75mm screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen