Search the forum,

Discuss HOW do these people call themselves professionals.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have fit these "speedframe" stud systems before, they are really flimsy until you fit the plasterboard over them, then the plasterboard itself becomes partly structural, absolute sh*te in my opinion unless it needs to be a 1 hour fire wall, completely non combustible!
Agree with @callatiler , it surprises me that they used real ply, its often OSB (not sure if that is better or worse than ply TBH)

Reaction score
I have fit these "speedframe" stud systems before, they are really flimsy until you fit the plasterboard over them, then the plasterboard itself becomes partly structural, absolute sh*te in my opinion unless it needs to be a 1 hour fire wall, completely non combustible!
Agree with @callatiler , it surprises me that they used real ply, its often OSB (not sure if that is better or worse than ply TBH)

They must have been cowboys or muppets.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hate uncovering them.
Best option is stud it out proper if space allows
433C9931-7737-4E7C-9F56-257B1E254A35.jpeg

Reply to HOW do these people call themselves professionals.... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen