Search the forum,

Discuss How do i work out the total weight of travertine tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ryanbrown

I need to work out whether I can fit travertine tiles in a bathroom,
but i dont understand how you work out the total weight of the tiles
to see if it comes under the acceptable limit.

The wall is platerboard - so how do I work out whether the tiles are going to work out less than 32kg?

The tiles are 16x16 and 13mm depth. Is there some calculaton I can do to work out what each tiles weighs and from that work out the weight of these tiles per square metre?

E

enduro

You would be best to weigh a square metre, or ask your tile supplier if he knows the weight of the tiles, as natural stone doesnt all weigh the same.

M

McP77

Work out the area of 1 tile (16x16 = 0.0256). Divide that figure by 1 (1/0.0256 = 39.06). So you have 39 tiles per square metre for arguments sake. Take an average weight of some tiles. Multiply by 39. But then remember to add on something for the weight of adhesive and grout too. I.e. if your tiles work out at 31kg per square metre you will be over the safe weight when the adhesive/grout is added on.

Hope that helps

Reply to How do i work out the total weight of travertine tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen