Search the forum,

Discuss Homebase...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rookery

You didnt get a call from Homebase, it was from some advertising company that run the card rack schemes in their stores and others. I think they're based in Preston. So already they've lied to you. I've had these calls before and told them to get stuffed. If you want to check there effectiveness, just go in your local Homebase on a busy day, hang around for half an hour and see how many people just walk past the racks ignoring the cards - almost everyone. Save your money for something better.

P

Peter

People buying cheap tiles usually won't pay for proper prep & fixing so would be a nightmare I'd say. Gotta love cold calls. Was offered to be the sole tiler in the classifieds section of a quarterly Ambulence Service magazine yesterday. Only £400 a year. :mad2:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had a guy bothering me to be advertise on the armed forces calendar. To be fair I was seriously thinking about it but he did my head in ringing me at all hours constantly and don't like being pressured. Make my own choices in my own time.

B

Bubblecraft

People buying cheap tiles usually won't pay for proper prep & fixing so would be a nightmare I'd say. Gotta love cold calls. Was offered to be the sole tiler in the classifieds section of a quarterly Ambulence Service magazine yesterday. Only £400 a year. :mad2:

That one is a scam. They tried hitting me with that one just over a year ago. I told them where to go. Meant to be a Police magazine that was going to be distributed. They give you closed questions first so you have to say yes or no then send you out an invoice for £400 plus & when you ask them about it, they rearrange your call to make it sound like you made a verbal agreement over the phone & threaten you to pay. Some people are that gullible & pay it.....not mag even comes out!

R

Rookery

Police, ambulance, fire brigade I've had 'em all call me over the years and they're all rip off merchants. Avoid them like the plague.

A

Alan M

when ever anyone like this rings (scam artists,insurance,sky,survays etc) i say i dont deal with that side of things i leave that to herself. then they ask for her so i tell tham she wont be home from the staion until her shift finishs later on . this usually scarse off the scam ones (just listen to then back track out of the deal) . any genuine ones that ring back i just say that i talked it over with her self and she doesnt think its a good idea . they will try to talk you into it , i just play the ejit and say shes the boss.

it also gives me time to research what they are selling etc and see whats going on or any better deals going.

we go a free sky upgade and sky + box because they kept ringing for us to up grade. we said thank god you rang i was trying to ring you we were going to cancel the whole lot. its a load of rubish etc. to keep you they will sweeten your deal or if they cant do that then at least they will leave you allone

afright

TF
Reaction score
Same as that web site Service Magic I had a rep ring me telling me that they can get me a lot of work if I sign up,I told him I will think about it had a check on Google and the bottom line is they send you bogus jobs which you have to pay them a commission,e-mailed them saying not interested,they still would not take no for an answer kept telling me they are the next best thing to sliced bread.

J

jlktiling

homebase is a diy shed.
Forgive me if im wrong, but doesnt DIY stand for do it yourself?
Why would a customer be looking for a tradesman in a diy centre, they will be doing it themselves.

Your better off being in the yellow pages or a local directory, so that when mr DIY bodges the job, they can then look you up in the YP, or local directory, to come and fix their diy bodge job.

Reply to Homebase...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen