Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Homebase...... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

redmist6

Happy New Year fella's.......first day back and I've got Homebase on the phone banging on about a 'recommend a tradesman' scheme....£8 a week for the pleasure of 2 years exclusive recommendations from them...I'm half interested, but these things don't usually bother me....anyone else involved or had the call? :fuk2:

I

Ian

Have had the call, my advice would be, don't bother. Plus, you would have to fit their tiles, I wouldn't wish those horrid things on my worst enemy. Get in with reputable tile outlets in your area, don't get involved with the sheds, especially if its going to cost you money.

Reaction score
When I get these random 1-off, exclusive to you offers, I always ask "why have you chose me"
Is it cos I'm the best, and you've seen my work, done ref's, really want me & no-one else etc?

but its usually just because they've got my number off some mailing list & they're on commission to sign anyone up... so then they obviously just move on to the next number on the list to offer this once in a lifetime opportunity to someone else...

(not sure if that answers your question tho!)

R

redmist6

Hahaha....It's ok Martyn, I got all those questions answered. They got my number from my website, but either way to me, anything from these types of firms always feel like a scam waiting to happen. TBF I've got too much on anyway so how I'll cope with this onslaught of job offers he's going on about, I'll just never know!

R

redmist6

TBH .....I walk away from any job where B&Q have been involved nowadays mate, 99% of their material is a mess...thanks tho

B

Bubblecraft

Homebase is just as bad & you have to pay to be on their recommend a tradesmen lol

R

Rookery

You didnt get a call from Homebase, it was from some advertising company that run the card rack schemes in their stores and others. I think they're based in Preston. So already they've lied to you. I've had these calls before and told them to get stuffed. If you want to check there effectiveness, just go in your local Homebase on a busy day, hang around for half an hour and see how many people just walk past the racks ignoring the cards - almost everyone. Save your money for something better.

P

Peter

People buying cheap tiles usually won't pay for proper prep & fixing so would be a nightmare I'd say. Gotta love cold calls. Was offered to be the sole tiler in the classifieds section of a quarterly Ambulence Service magazine yesterday. Only £400 a year. :mad2:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had a guy bothering me to be advertise on the armed forces calendar. To be fair I was seriously thinking about it but he did my head in ringing me at all hours constantly and don't like being pressured. Make my own choices in my own time.

B

Bubblecraft

People buying cheap tiles usually won't pay for proper prep & fixing so would be a nightmare I'd say. Gotta love cold calls. Was offered to be the sole tiler in the classifieds section of a quarterly Ambulence Service magazine yesterday. Only £400 a year. :mad2:

That one is a scam. They tried hitting me with that one just over a year ago. I told them where to go. Meant to be a Police magazine that was going to be distributed. They give you closed questions first so you have to say yes or no then send you out an invoice for £400 plus & when you ask them about it, they rearrange your call to make it sound like you made a verbal agreement over the phone & threaten you to pay. Some people are that gullible & pay it.....not mag even comes out!

Reply to Homebase...... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks