Search the forum,

Discuss HomeBase metros. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It also puts the fear of god in my bank manager.... I bought a bag of sand and a piece of guttering from my local one a couple of weeks ago just to finish off a job. It came to nearly thirty quid... Same stuff from my builders merchant would have been less than a tenner.... But it was Saturday pm so hadn't much option....

Like an old friend of mine who owned a fish and chip shop, had a customer come in and the following conversation took place:-

Owner (O) Evening Sir can I help you
Customer (C) Fish and Chips twice please
O Anything else
C Bottle of tomato sauce please
O Sauce is £2 a bottle
C I'm not paying £2 a bottle when Asda sell them at 50p
O Well get one from Asda then
C I can't they're closed
O Well my bottles of sauce are 50p when I'm closed as well!

Supply and demand haha

S

Stef

Haha good tale JB.
These metros weren't cheap, he reckoned that they were £18m2,
I told him to go to TG to start with..

M

Mr Tiler

I think its the homebase ones stef these were mentioned to be very poor quality in a post a few months back

Q

Qwerty

I actually popped into Homebase today and see what you mean about the scratches and no protection :yikes:

S

Stef

I actually popped into Homebase today and see what you mean about the scratches and no protection :yikes:

Geoff they are truly shocking, I kicked up a stink years ago about black bricks through CTD & questioned the packing method of johnsons as the least they could do is pack them back to back etc, would save the bulk of them getting damaged.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score

That's why you don't get as much as Deano done in a day Geoff, too busy worrying about how tiles are packed :sofahide:

If you got your head down you could probably do 3-4m a day then :lol:

Q

Qwerty

Again, I was busy swinging the lead......pretending to do work at a rich old ladies house whilst telling her I had to visit every DIY shed and tile shop in the area for some rare tile spacers. Beats laying 37m2 for a living! :lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Again, I was busy swinging the lead......pretending to do work at a rich old ladies house whilst telling her I had to visit every DIY shed and tile shop in the area for some rare tile spacers. Beats laying 37m2 for a living! :lol:

And getting paid the same I suspect

Reply to HomeBase metros. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen