Search the forum,

Discuss Hi people ive got hundreds of questions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fireblade

Hi im a plumber come tiler, i got sick of putting money in your pockets.... im from Liverpool and have started my own business plumbing and tiling mainly bathrooms. I done a 4 week course about 8 months ago and im not doing too bad, ill put some pics up when i find my way around the site.
My first question is ive knocked back a couple of jobs that require the removal of tiles first, mainly because im not too sure how to go about it, my concern is the state of the substrate once the tiles are removed.
On plasterboard if there is too much damage once the tiles are removed is it better replacing the plasterboard? if there is just a few holes here and there is ok just to fill them? if so, what filler is recommended? and if you do have to fill holes does that change the type of adhesive you have to use? same goes with solid walls.
Can someone throw some light on the subject as im knocking back mortgage money.. would appreciate any advice.

F

fireblade

thanks dave, would it be ok to tile straight over?would have to use a certain type of adhesive?

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
:hurray: Fireblade.

Most plumbers cost us tilers money...........putting right your **** ups :lol::lol:

And time spent cleaning off the 26 tubes of silicon used to fix the sink against the wall :lol:

Just jestin :prrr:

Reply to Hi people ive got hundreds of questions... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen