Search the forum,

Discuss Hi Newbie Question About Tile Sealer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

aabbcc112233

hi i need to seal some stone tiles and travitine . went it to topps tiles they recommend a sealer that cost around £25 for 1L. i can get another sealer called - palace impregnator sealer for less than half the price of the top tiles one.

my question is

-whats the difference

-is the palace any good.

will the palace one do the job i require.

do any other tilers on the forum use the palace or any other type of sealer they recommend

thanks

T

Tile Shop

I don't have any experience with palace products. But the best brand (in my opinion) is LTP. Hard to give comparisons for products I haven't used, but I have never had or even heard of anyone ever complaining or having problems with the LTP Mattstone sealer (for tumbled or honed & filled) or their MPG sealer (for polished).

You can buy direct from them online. Click Here. Delivery is about £6.00, but to keep it looking good, you need to consider the ongoing maintence, not just the initial seal so take into account whatever else you may need. LTP got the lot so pick a few to make the delivery cost worthwhile.

Highly recommend giving them a call and asking their advice. Ask for Mark.... he's an awesome fountaian of knowledge :)

I know it doesn't directly answer your question but it does give you another option rather than just picking the cheapest. The tiles are expensive so don't cut corners on the prep and aftercare.

I

Ian

I've used ltp for a good few years now and rate it highly, however, on my last stone job I was supplied with lithofin stain stop and that really is a great product. Got to say I really am not a fan of palace products, mainly through a couple of bad experiences with them, they might be better these days but, not something I'd use.

O

Old Mod

Yep as Bri ^^^^^ only one sealer!
Lithofin Stain Stop MN
By far the best on market, don't scrimp on sealer!
What's cheap now will cost in long run, without question!
Follow instructions to the letter, and it's simple to use.
Fail to follow instruction and again it will cause issues.
It's a far more important process than people appreciate!

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As above, with any impregnator applied the key to longevity is correct application and most importantly ongoing maintenance . use a suitable recommended daily/ weekly cleaner recommended by the manufacturer of the impregnator , this will clean well and support the reppeling properties of the initial product applied .

Spend a little extra , will work out long term for your client and you have support through the install .

Reply to Hi Newbie Question About Tile Sealer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen