Search the forum,

Discuss Herringbone issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

As above...not good but may be salvageable without taking the lot off, he could take just the last corner and bottom tiles off and put a straight border tile in..

finlay

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
BC8152E6-055E-4B74-9C94-3B570CE3F4AC.jpeg

We’re doing this at the moment

O

One Day

I'd suggest that it takes a very high level of experience and skill to make herringbone work anywhere - especially in a bathroom and around windows (see Finlay's pic above for a nice example).
It's glaringly obvious that the "tiler" you have is totally out of his depth with this.
Better to stop now.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I read this post a couple of weeks ago and thought to myself.........I am so lucky nobody (in 11 years) has asked me to do a herringbone pattern.

Last week a builder asked me to make contact with one of his customers because they wanted herringbone pattern in their kitchen :eek:.

I did contact the customer and told them I have never done herringbone and I did not fancy doing their job. Especially in a kitchen and cutting around corners and sockets etc. I did apologise that I had to turn their job down. A couple of days later they rang to book me in for a brickbond pattern :cool:.

Am I a wuss?

T

Time's Ran Out

I’d agree for small splash back areas such as in kitchens - it becomes too visual and distracts from the units.
But then again I don’t get the chance of doing such exciting projects! I leave them to the forum entertainer.:)

Reply to Herringbone issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen