Search the forum,

Discuss Help with tile trim - cuttin internal corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clive

Hi. Really struggling to cut 6mm tile trim to join in a right angled internal corner. :mad2:

I've tried cutting 2 pieces at 45 degrees, but this leaves a gap in the bit of the trim that meets the tile. Any tips out there please - preferable with pics. I've looked at the 3way mitre pics, but that doesn't really help for this type of cut.
Ta.

D

doug boardley

have you tried them in a mitre box? if you're trimming round, say, a window, you stand the trim on it's flange edge and do the 45dg cuts, If you're tiling a table top scenario, you put the trim so the flange sits flat in your mitre box and then do your 45dg cuts.
Hope this makes sense:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

If the internal corner is out of square, this could be why you cannot get the joint correct cutting at 45.. Try closing the cutting angle to get a tighter joint.

Reply to Help with tile trim - cuttin internal corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen