Search the forum,

Discuss Help with border and tile layout please!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Carl Morrison

Hi,

Some of you may have seen my posts on my ensuite rennovation.

Im tiling walls and floor in a 60x40cm porcelain tile. Floor is going to be brick lay, and the wall straight portrait.....or at least thats the current plan.

The room has two vaulted ceilings and various things effecting levels (raised bath, raised shower, vanity unit, low window).

Here are a couple of photos - I have marked where I plan to put a tumbled marble single mosaic (48mmx48mm) border at approximately 1m high from floor.

IMG_20130610_213010[1].jpg IMG_20130610_213026[1].jpg IMG_20130610_213110[1].jpg

So, you may be able to see the feint line that I am proposing as the top of my mosaic border aroudnd the room?....

The depth of tilecuts I will have are as follows (smallest first):

15cm over the top of the low window (below vaulted ceiling no 1)
16/17cm at full height ceiling
23cm to shower base
33cm to vaulted ceiling no 1
38cm to vaulted ceiling no 2
38cm drop to floor
44cm drop to raised bath platform

This is based on full tiles top and bottom of the border - Q1) is this normal or do you split a tile in two and have the border run between them?
Q2) Do you think the above is ok, I know the shorter distance to ceiling isnt great but with so many different things to consider its difficult :(

Any advice welcomed. :hurray:

Carl

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I can't view your pictures Carl. But from the measurements you've put in your post that seems good to me. You've managed to get ceiling and floor cuts pretty even. Bath and shower are fine too.
Sounds spot on mate

Last edited:
C

Carl Morrison

I can't view your pictures Carl. But from the measurements you've put in your post that seems good to me. You've managed to get ceiling and floor cuts pretty even. Bath and shower are fine too.
Sounds spot on mate
Great news thanks mate, feel better with some reassurance :smilewinkgrin:

S

steve187

seems good dont split the tile for the border, how solid is the floor going to be?

C

Carl Morrison

Thank you for your responses. Having offered up the tiles in portrait fashion and putting the mosaic border in as a test, it didn't look quite right. I tried the tiles horizontal brickwork and what a difference. Looks great. As timelessjohn advised in one of my other posts, my earlier thoughts seemed like I was trying to put too much variation in. I've now decided not to even include a border! I will certainly have some left over tumbled emperador mosaics!

Thanks again. Tiling underway :thumbsup:

Reply to Help with border and tile layout please!!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen