Search the forum,

Discuss Help not sure how to set out one wall with 2 areas and different tiles for both in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

asiltam

I am a new tiler and have potentially got my first job.

However, it isn't straight forward or doesn't seem to be to me.

The job in the bathroom is the problem as one wall has a shower cubicle on it and this needs to be tiled in different tiles to the remaining wall. Not sure how to set out, should I treat them as two separate areas with there being 2 different types of tiles being used on what is essentially one wall?

Any advice on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

asiltam

They are same size tiles but different designs. One design will go within the shower enclosure to the ceiling and the other on the remaining wall (so 2 designs on one wall split by the enclosure).

W

White Room

If they are the same size tile set out the shower cubicle as required but the rest of room will have to follow suit to grout lines from the shower

G

GazTech

I agree with whitebeam there, also look at the two thicknesses, you may have to compensate to get flush finish.......Gaz

F

frogeye

Hi Asiltam

I have recently completed a similar project

The walls were well out of true and made fitting the shower tray impossible
so made a feature of the shower enclosure and built it out from the original wall by some 4 inches or so by battening and boarding.

Blends in nice.

frogeye

Reply to Help not sure how to set out one wall with 2 areas and different tiles for both in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen