Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Help Needed To Fix Botched Tile Job In North London in the Tilers: find tiling jobs listed here area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. Sienna

Sienna Active Member

County:
    London
    Total Size of Area to be Tiled:
    18 x 33cm2 Tiles (Area is about 2 x 1 metre)
    Tile Size(s):
    33cm x 33cm floor
    Tiles / Adhesive / Grout Purchased?:
    Nope
    Wall and Floor Tiling Job in London

Had a horrendous experience with a bunch of rogue tilers who didn't secure floorboards in the bathroom, put down Ditra on top without informing me that this was an inappropriate substrate and now obviously the grout has cracked. Because it's a high water area, I can't proceed and my building work has ground to a complete halt.

I am not sure whether cement board over the floorboards or taking everything up and replacing with ply will be necessary but I'll need someone to come and assess. I'll also need an account of the current work in an unbiased, professional letter as I think I plan to take the old builders to the small claims court.

If you'd like to quote for this tiling job in London then please contact the member who posted the job directly. If you'd like to generally ask questions about the job, please feel free to reply to this thread, as the extra details may help others work out whether the job is suitable for them or not.

TilersForums.co.uk recommends getting three tilers in to quote for all tiling jobs, and to check references from previous customers for each. Then customers need to make their own mind up as to who is best for them.

DO NOT REPLY WITH PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES OR PHONE NUMBERS - SHARE THOSE VIA THE FORUM MESSAGING SYSTEM INSTEAD. POSTS WITH SUCH DETAILS RISK BEING EDITED OR REMOVED
  2. detroitMi

detroitMi Professional Tiler

Where in London is the job?